Pro+Med EMS Health Tips for running or walking marathons and fun runs
- Ensure you have done adequate training before stepping up to the start line to help prevent muscle cramps.
- Dress appropriately for the weather including good shoes and sun protection.
- Take advantage of water stations to keep your hydration levels up – but don’t over hydrate. Your water intake should be governed by thirst.
- If you get a stitch, stop running or slow down to give your body a chance to recover.
- Stay alert for potential dangers on the course and this includes traffic and people not participating in the event.
- Be aware of warning signs, such as extreme tiredness and cramp.
- If you stop sweating, get help immediately.
- If Pro+Med Event Medics are concerned about your wellbeing, listen to them and take action.
Event Medical Services
By law and moral obligation, organisers of an event need to ensure the safety and acute health needs of people participating and attending their event are cared for. Pro+Med NZ Ltd is one of New Zealand’s most experienced provider’s of event medical services.
Event organisers are required to ensure people attending and impacted by their event are safe and that the event venue is secure. This requirement includes staff, participants, spectators, staff, volunteers, officials, media and the general public.
When adequate medical services are provided at events, emergency response time is minimised, ambulance call outs are reserved for those who really need them and emergency department admissions are reduced. It all adds up to a more successful event..
Leave it with us
By having effective medical services at your event, you can ensure people get immediate medical attention if they need it.
Here are some facts related to risk at events:
- Large crowds create the potential for injury and sudden illness
- By their nature, sporting events have a risk of serious injury
- Any event with alcohol has a higher risk of injury and acute types of illness
- Weather has a major impact whether hot or cold
- Certain types of events have much higher risk than others
Benefits of Pro+Med NZ Ltd as your Event Medical Services provider
Pro+Med NZ Ltd is one of New Zealand’s most progressive experienced providers of event medical services. We can provide high quality medical, first aid and ambulance services for any event in most environments..
Talk to us about arranging effective medical coverage
You can use our experience to your advantage. Call us to talk about the needs of your event. We can help you to plan medical coverage at a level appropriate for your event.
Tips for event organisers from an EMS perspective
- In an environment of limited health care resources, the sooner a patient is treated, the better their chance of recovery. We resource to a high standard.
- Medical services should be provided for the entire event, including the installation and breakdown of the event if this is a large scale or dangerous operation.
- Medical services may also be needed for attendees queuing to get in and out of the event.
- If the event is a multi-day festival with attendees camping overnight, you may need around-the-clock medical services.
- Locate first aid/medical teams carefully, so that emergency response times are minimised.
- Provide information about the location of medical facilities to attendees. Use signs and print the information on programmes or tickets.
- Stewards and all other event personnel should know where the medical services are located.
- Ambulances and other emergency vehicles need to have clear access in and out of the venue, in case casualties need to be transported.
- At events with large crowds or difficult access, medics on foot, mountain bikes, motorcycles or ATV may be required.
- Ask for CV’s or guaranteed assurance of qualification levels of Medics
- Ask for referees to ensure the quality of service you will recieve
Request medical services cover for your event
Is there an event on your horizon? Get in touch as soon as you can – the more notice, the better. We can carry out a risk assessment to ensure the right cover for your event.
Complete an online enquiry >>
Ask us a question about Pro+Med NZ Ltd Event Medical Services
Do you have a specific question to ask about Pro+Med NZ Ltd Event Medical Services?
Complete an online enquiry >>
Call for more information
For more information on Pro+Med Event Medical Services, call 0508 PROMED (776633). Or Anna Gutsell 021878196 Email firstname.lastname@example.org