- Manage Hazard Identification and Control
- Evaluating OHS Standards and Practice
- OHS Incident Investigation
- Health & Safety Management for Contractors
- Roles of the Health & Safety Rep
- Implement a Health and Safety Plan
Need a quote?
Click here to complete our quotation form if you need a indepth quote for your training, medic or health and safety requirements.
Roles of the Health & Safety RepNZQA Unit Standard 20198
Successful trainees receive NZQA Unit Standard 29315, Level 3, Credits 2 Describe the role and functions of the Health and Safety Representative in a New Zealand workplace The purpose of this standard is for representatives to explain and demonstrate the overall role and functions of a Health and Safety Representative in a New Zealand workplace.
$500 plus gst per person
Representatives awarded with this standard will be able to:
- Explain the role and functions of the Health and Safety Representative under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and its Regulations
- Explain the role of a Health and Safety Representative as an advocate for workers
- Identify the obligations of a PCBU and WorkSafe New Zealand towards the Health and Safety Representative
- Describe the risk management process and the importance of communicating with workers and management
- Describe and demonstrate the powers and obligations that a health and safety representative has in terms of issuing a provisional improvement notice (PIN) and how and when to direct a worker to cease unsafe work.