- First Responder
- Enhanced Resuscitation (AED & O2 Therapy)
- Challenging Environments Emergency Responder
- Medicine in Remote Areas
Need a quote?
Click here to complete our quotation form if you need a indepth quote for your training, medic or health and safety requirements.
First ResponderNZQA Unit Standard 14473, 25412, 25411
Successful trainees receive a Statement of Attainment for First Responder, which is recognised under New Zealand Qualifications Authority
- NZQA Unit Standard 14473, Level 3, Credit 1 - Move a patient in preparation for transportation
- NZQA Unit Standard 25412, Level 3, Credit 6 - Provide basic pre-hospital emergency care
- NZQA Unit Standard 25411, Level 2, Credit 1 - Demonstrate knowledge of and use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
Minimum of 40 hours (5 Days)
$950 + GST per person
This course is centred around developing confidence and competence in recognition of patients that require supplemental oxygen, delivery devices, safety and awareness using gases in a high pressure cylinder, use of airway maintenance devices and techniques, using resuscitation equipment. Scenarios based around cardiac arrest situations are performed to develop confidence and assess competence. Defibrillation is a very key component in the survivability of the cardiac arrest patient. Anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular system and its relationship to cardiac arrest is explained. Focus is on the use of AED’s (Automated External Defibrillators).
This course also focuses on recognition and management of emergency medical and trauma conditions. A basic understanding of anatomy and physiology is introduced. Students will learn algorithms to easily remember basic history taking and treatment procedures. There is a large focus on Patient Assessment with use of Sphygmomanometers, Blood Glucose Monitors, Pulse Oximetry, Pupil Torch and Chest Auscultation / Percussion. In the treatment process there is extensive use of Traction Splints, Cervical Collars and Extrication Devices. Preparing a patient in preparation for transport, lifting and moving techniques, what stretcher for what and positioning for transport. There are multiple scenarios to assist in developing confidence and competence is assessed in medical and trauma scenarios.
- Revision First Aid (if Required)
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Oxygen Therapy
- Trauma Conditions
- Emergency Medical Conditions
- Patient Assessment (incl diagnostic equipment)
- Introduction to Drugs (Aspirin, GTN, Adrenalin, Glucagon, Penthrox, Salbutamol, Entonox)
- Patient Movement
First Responder Refresher Course
- Duration - 2 days
- Units as above
- Price: $400 + GST per person