By law and moral obligation, organisers of an event need to ensure the safety and acute health needs of people participating and attending their event are cared for. Pro+Med NZ Ltd is one of New Zealand’s most experienced provider’s of event medical services.
Event organisers are required to ensure people attending and impacted by their event are safe and that the event venue is secure. This requirement includes staff, participants, spectators, staff, volunteers, officials, media and the general public.
When adequate medical services are provided at events, emergency response time is minimised, ambulance call outs are reserved for those who really need them and emergency department admissions are reduced. It all adds up to a more successful event..
Pro+Med EMS Health Tips for running or walking marathons and fun runs
Ensure you have done adequate training before stepping up to the start line to help prevent muscle cramps. Dress appropriately for the weather including good shoes and sun protection. Take advantage of water stations to keep your hydration levels up – but don’t over hydrate. Your water intake should be governed by thirst.
If you get a stitch, stop running or slow down to give your body a chance to recover. Stay alert for potential dangers on the course and this includes traffic and people not participating in the event.
Be aware of warning signs, such as extreme tiredness and cramp. If you stop sweating, get help immediately. If Pro+Med Event Medics are concerned about your wellbeing, listen to them and take action.
Call for more information
For more information on Pro+Med Event Medical Services
North Island Josef Bradac 021 221 9711 firstname.lastname@example.org
South Island Cory Machon 027 221 3466 email@example.com
Leave it with us
By having effective medical services at your event, you can ensure people get immediate medical attention if they need it.
Here are some facts related to risk at events:
- Large crowds create the potential for injury and sudden illness
- By their nature, sporting events have a risk of serious injury
- Any event with alcohol has a higher risk of injury and acute types of illness
- Weather has a major impact whether hot or cold
- Certain types of events have much higher risk than others
Benefits of Pro+Med NZ Ltd as your Event Medical Services provider
Pro+Med NZ Ltd is one of New Zealand’s most progressive experienced providers of event medical services. We can provide high quality medical, first aid and ambulance services for any event in most environments..
Talk to us about arranging effective medical coverage
You can use our experience to your advantage. Call us to talk about the needs of your event. We can help you to plan medical coverage at a level appropriate for your event.
Tips for event organisers from an EMS perspective
- In an environment of limited health care resources, the sooner a patient is treated, the better their chance of recovery. We resource to a high standard.
- Medical services should be provided for the entire event, including the installation and breakdown of the event if this is a large scale or dangerous operation.
- Medical services may also be needed for attendees queuing to get in and out of the event.
- If the event is a multi-day festival with attendees camping overnight, you may need around-the-clock medical services.
- Locate first aid/medical teams carefully, so that emergency response times are minimised.
- Provide information about the location of medical facilities to attendees. Use signs and print the information on programmes or tickets.
- Stewards and all other event personnel should know where the medical services are located.
- Ambulances and other emergency vehicles need to have clear access in and out of the venue, in case casualties need to be transported.
- At events with large crowds or difficult access, medics on foot, mountain bikes, motorcycles or ATV may be required.
- Ask for CV’s or guaranteed assurance of qualification levels of Medics
- Ask for referees to ensure the quality of service you will recieve
Event Medical Services letter of Introduction from Pro+Med (NZ) Ltd
Pro+Med (NZ) Ltd would like to advise your staff of who we are. We provide medics (first responder to Advanced Life Support and in some cases, Doctors) for recreational events. There are providers starting up in New Zealand who are under qualified and might mean well but do not have credentials or clinical support.
Pro+Med (NZ) Ltd is a multi disciplinary Medical and Safety Services company with its business headquarters in Timaru and provides services New Zealand wide and also has an office in Australia.
Owners of Pro+Med (NZ) Ltd are Don and Jocelyn Gutsell. Don is an ILS Paramedic with 7 years in St John Otago and 5 years at Taranaki District Health Board Ambulance. Our Operations Manager – Medical is an ex Staff Sergeant NZDF Medical Corp 30 year veteran, our medics are made up of ex St John, ex and current Military Medics. Dr Rob Visser is our Medical Director.
We provide medical and health and safety training as well as Event Medical Services and occasionally Patient Transport Services. We are a professional business (company number 649363) and we have an appropriate Medical Director, Dr Rob Visser. Dr Visser’s background is NZ Qualified Ambulance Officer, Registered Medical Practitioner with background experience Royal Australian Flying Doctors 10 years, Medical Director for largest Australian private Ambulance (AMS) in Perth 5 years, Clinical Director of Clyde Hospital 8 years.
Dr Visser oversees our Authority to Practice and provides our Standing Orders. Our qualification levels vary, First Responder, Basic Life Support (BLS) Medic, Intermediate Life Support (ILS ) Medic and Advanced Life Support (ALS) Medic. This is in line with the NZS 4308 Ambulance and Paramedical Services.
In case we have to transport patients we have a Transport Service Licence number 0251626 with LTSA .
We have a working relationship with the General Manager Southern Region St John and some of the Territory Managers and Dr Visser has a professional relationship with Medical Director St John.
Pro+Med (NZ) Ltd has Ambulances in Invercargill, Dunedin, Timaru and Christchurch. We are looking to put them in Palmerston North and New Plymouth next. We also have Mitsibushi Tritons that have Lights and Sirens mounted only to be used at events that need them as Rapid Intervention Vehicles. Disciplinary action is taken on those where used inappropriately.
Pro+Med (NZ) Ltd’s staff are trained to nationally recognised standards and experience with real frontline emergency services. Pro+Med (NZ) Ltd is an NZQA training provider working to nationally recognised Clinical Practice Guidelines with standing orders issued by a Medical Director and holder of a Transport Service Licence with NZTA. All our staff are police vetted and driving licences are checked through the Toro system.
Request medical services cover for your event
Is there an event on your horizon? Get in touch as soon as you can – the more notice, the better. We can carry out a risk assessment to ensure the right cover for your event.
Complete an online enquiry >>
Ask us a question about Pro+Med NZ Ltd Event Medical Services
Do you have a specific question to ask about Pro+Med NZ Ltd Event Medical Services?
Complete an online enquiry >>